Monday, January 30, 2012

Hey Mom and Family,

Well life is going well here in Juneau! We are having a wonderful time. We picked up a golden investigator! His name is D. and he is so prepared by the Lord! He is on date to be baptized on Feb 11th. We may even hold the baptism in the glacier lake!! Like cut a hole in the ice! TOO AWESOME!! Haha I am just stoked for him. He is so ready for the gospel!!

In other news Elder Drake is getting transferred to Homer, which is sick, and he is pretty stoked for that. I will be receiving Elder Woolburt. He is from Washington! He actually met Auntie Re in the temple when he was taking out his endowment before his mission. We have brushed shoulders a couple of times and he seems like a really awesome guy, I can't wait to serve with him. I will miss Elder Drake though.

I prayed for snow and it's been dumping more and more daily! :) I love the snow though. On Saturday we got to go to a YSA sledding activity. There was a small creek at the bottom of the hill so I built a jump and jumped the creek on one of those ghetto plastic snowboard things. Then like everyone started jumping the creek on a tube. It was pretty awesome. I can't wait to go snowboarding/ maybe skiing when I get home.

Today for P-day were gonna meet D out on the frozen lake and he is gonna pull us behind his snow machine while we ride on a mattress covered with a tarp. Its like tubing behind the boat!!! I'm pretty stoked for that.

Life is going well. I love being here in Juneau. We have lots of people to teach and they are progressing quickly. We work hard and have lots of fun. President even told me that's why he sent me here! :)

I should hear back from byu Provo here in the next 3 to 4 weeks.  Also, for my b-day, I would just like funds to give me a running start when I get home, and maybe I could get that sharp suit before I take off. :)

Oh, and mom, could you invite the Dances to my homecoming? I think it would be cool to have like an open house on Saturday, with my talk on Sunday... Let me know what you think.

Well, I've got to get going! Love you all though!!

Elder Britton Winterrose 

No comments:

Post a Comment