Monday, February 6, 2012

This week was a great week here in Juneau. We had a fun p-day and then Elder Woolburt arrived. He is way fun. He is from Camano Island, WA and we get along great. Similar sense of humor and of teaching... Its gonna be a great transfer

5 weeks.... 5 weeks... 5 weeks... Every day I wake up I have the number of days pop through my head till those transfers that are approaching so quickly. Every day seems to slip through my fingers and each day seems to go quicker than the last as we work and work and work. D's baptism will be this Saturday but we decided to do it in the church because it is a little easier to maintain the sacredness and spirit of the ordinance in the church building. I'm way stoked for the baptism though!! Its gonna be awesome! He has a solid testimony and is so ready to be baptized.

It is a little nerve racking  to be approaching the end so quickly but my heart is at peace knowing that I have grown and served according to my best ability. IT BLOWS MY MIND THAT I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM BYU!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHG!!! Oh well. I can wait.

So I have been thinking of things I would like to do after my mission because I want to make sure that I have constructive things to fill my time with. One thing that I would like to do is learn Chinese (Mandarin).  I know that Rosetta Stone has a 6-month money back guarantee if you purchase the software directly from them... So I was thinking that I would like to try it out and if it doesn't work than I would return it. It's just an idea for now... but I am certain that it would prove to be a very valuable skill if nurtured. Just one idea for a Christmas gift I guess!

Well I don't really have any profound spiritual things to say today. Just doing my best to keep on working hard and making the last few weeks count.

Love ya,

Elder Britton Winterrose 

No comments:

Post a Comment