Monday, January 23, 2012

Dear Dad and Family,

Thanks for the letter dad. It does become really difficult to stay focused as you get closer to the end. Luckily I have been blessed with two wonderful areas to cover and a ton of work between the two. Heavenly Father is definitely in charge of His work here and He always comes through to guide us to those elect who have been prepared. I know He has more in store for me both here in the mission field and for my future after the mission.

We have been blessed with new investigators coming out of the woodwork as we strive to use our talents according to the promptings of the spirit. We have been going to volleyball for 2 weeks now and we were able to get some non-members to come out, some we are even teaching now. The work is going well and I know that it is because of Heavenly Father's wisdom. He knows me better than I know myself. He knows what I am capable of and what I can achieve with His help and constant guidance. He is also the only one who knows exactly how to prepare me, through experience and trial, to be ready to meet the challenges and opportunities that my future will bring. He is my God. My Father. His Son is my Redeemer. I trust Them and love Them.

I am excited for the opportunities that the future will bring, but my eye is focused on what I can do now to work hard and help the people that I have the opportunity to come in contact with. I hate to count chickens before they hatch though!! SO I will withhold stories for now!! Singing is an awesome way to teach and invite the spirit.

I can't wait to get to try to ski! It will be a blast!

Also, this week we borrowed some ice skates from members and went and had district meeting on the MENDENHALL GLACIER! It was awesome. The day before we walked out to the glacier with Pres. & Sis. Beesley after we had specialized training. It was sick!!! Sister Beesley was moving like nothing could stop her from touching that glacier!

We've had a bunch of lessons and they have been going well. Sunday, Elder Williams and I were together while our companions were in Hoonah. It was nuts because we had to go to 3 sacrament meetings and were at church for 6 hours or so. :)

Well I love you all! I hope everything is going well for you back home! Its crazy how time is flying so fast, yet going so slow.

Love ya all!!

-Elder Britton Winterrose

No comments:

Post a Comment