Monday, November 28, 2011

I loved the letter from last week! Sorry I never got to respond. It is so awesome that you and dad had some missionary experiences of your own, mom.  I really liked the story. I hope you follow up on that invitation to read the Book of Mormon. 

Last week was pretty cool.  We taught a ton and T. got baptized! That was definately the peak of my week. We were teaching some other people too but two of them moved so that was sad....

T's baptism was really nice. We got to the church filled the font and realized that the hall and room floors were filthy. So we busted out the vaccums and with the help of some awesome members we cleaned the place up. T came and then the baptism was wonderful. I peformed the baptism and Elder Poole confirmed on Sunday! It was really neat. After the baptism T's friend Emily spoke and gave a great talk on the Holy Ghost and then Taylor bore her testimony and it was powerful! What a wonderful baptism!

Well this week was an odd week. Elder Poole was ill with the flu on Monday & Tuesday and then was slowly recovering on Wednesday - Saturday. He had insomnia too which really slowed his recovery. He is getting back to his normal self quickly though so that is good. I finished up my essays and completed my application for BYU Provo. So now I'm playing the waiting game. We were able to set up a few lessons with O and also with two new investigators. O's lesson went well. He finished reading the Book of Mormon in two weeks!! Stayed up all night to finish on Saturday though! Hahah. I would have also, but Elder Poole was good about reminding me that obedience is greater than the fat of lambs. Haha.

We had an enjoyable thanksgiving dinner with our ward mission leader's family, the R's - and their turkey was awesome!!!, so that was cool. We also started teaching two of our referrals. One of them decided that she didn't want to come to church at the last minute but the other one came and it was good. We are going to try to use the Book of Mormon to help her devlop and increase in desire to learn by sparking her curiosity and then feeding her soul with the truth. We will see how it goes.

I have really been focusing my studies on the Book of Mormon and on the fundamentals of Preach My Gospel. I love the lessons from both. I finished the war chapters of Alma the other day and it helped me remember how much I love that book. I should finish the book this week. I love, love, love reading it.
Reading it to support O really strengthened my testimony of the Book of Mormon and helped me gain and show greater charity towards him. I know it will work out for him.

I hope all is going well for you. I am really enjoying working in this area. I hope I can stay here for a while but I am willing to do whatever the Lord asks. It would always be neat to go back to the southeast or serve with Elder Kyle Williams... or both! Hahaha.

I love ya all!!!!

Elder Britton Winterrose

No comments:

Post a Comment