Tuesday, November 22, 2011

(Elder Winterrose only had time for a quick note - he responded to a question I'd asked him in my letter - De Anna Winterrose)

So, how would I respond to Rev. 22:18-19?  There is a verse that is nearly identical to that in the old testament. But most of the time I simply explain that the bible was 1. Not compiled in chronological order, ie. the book of revelations was written before other books were even finished. 2. I explain that John was simply stating that no one has the authority to add to or take away from THIS BOOK, meaning the Book of Revelations. 3. I explain that a bible is a compilation of books each with their own separate chapters and view points but with a common theme. 4. I explain that their church has added and taken away much more than the restored gospel.

That's what I could do. Or!!!

I just bear witness that I know that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God and that it has the power to bless their life. Then you read the end of 2nd Nephi!!!! Last chapter, and explain that it is their choice whether they ask God if it is true or not, but it is not up for them to decide, God will tell them. Otherwise, He is not there, and then in that case their first arguement is not valid.

Simply stated, all one has to do is determine whether or not Joseph Smith was a prophet. And all anyone has to do is read the Book of Mormon to learn that it is not adding or subtracting anything to the Bible. It's not even in the same book!!

Well Elder Poole is sick so we will have to email later this week. I love you guys. Just wanted to let you know everything is going good and we had a baptism this Saturday.

Taylor!!!! Nov 19, 2011!!

I'll send pics with the later email.

Love,

Elder Britton Winterrose

No comments:

Post a Comment