Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Well this week has been good. We found out more details about Elder Holland's visit, we will be having a missionary conference with those who are in Anchorage and the surrounding areas so I guess I lucked out this transfer!! We were able to begin teaching some wonderful new investigators this week and they came to church!! AWESOME!!! We are going to be meeting with Elder Holland on Saturday then that evening he will hold a fireside for new investigators and RC/LA's. Pretty sweet!! We have a ton of people to invite. Then Elder Holland and Elder Christensen will both be speaking at stake conference on Sunday!! So we get to hear Elder Holland speak 3 times in one weekend!! Then we have a CES fireside Saturday night, where Elder Boyd K. Packer is going to speak. Elder Poole is super pumped for that one because he is his favorite apostle.

I have high hopes for this week and I am pretty flippin' excited for this weekend.

Really have no complaints right now. Life is good. I am getting some photos to send home! So keep an eye out for them!

Oh and I know a member who works for FedEx here who can ship my stuff for super cheap. Like I think I'm going to send home a suitcase or something. Hahah, Maybe just a box instead.

We were able to begin teaching 3 new investigators! They are all wonderful, and we found all three of them by meeting the members. I have nearly everyone in the ward's name memorized and they really are being very supportive towards us. We identified these members as people I hadn't yet met so I called them up and set up a time to meet with them. While on the phone I asked if they had any roommates who would want to join us, and the first time it worked, and then the second time it worked! Sunday was wonderful as well. Elder Poole spoke in church and three of our four investigators attended sacrament meeting, one of them was busy with work. Many of the less active members came again as well, and two new ones that we invited attended also. All in all it was a wonderful week and I am looking forward to this week because I am confident that it prove to be a week to remember!

I'm stoked to be finding and teaching! I love the YSA ward. I feel so fortunate to be here serving in this ward. The leadership is awesome, the members are awesome, and its fun!  I really enjoy serving here.  I hope I get to stay another transfer.

I am working to finish up my application for BYU/BYUH and I will have it done before the end of the week. I really love reading the Book of Mormon. I love being a missionary. Even when you have 3 investigators in a gospel principles class(AWESOME), and there's like 15 members (can be good or bad), and the lesson is on temple work (our teacher focused on the Plan of Salvation - AWESOME), and there are like 3 members who just keep trying to bring up or focus on Exaltation and don't get the hint when the teacher moves very quickly back to the first principles of the gospel (UnAWESOME). But of course it always ends up working out. BECAUSE HEAVENLY FATHER IS BRILLIANT.

Heavenly Father will put you in the right place at the right time if you pray and ask Him to. I know. He helps me with it on the daily.

If you're feeling sad... Look Up!!

Love,

Elder Britton Winterrose

No comments:

Post a Comment