Friday, March 26, 2010

Last Prep-Day in the MTC




Hi Mom and Family!

I love learning so much here! It’s amazing. I’ve been learning so much while I’ve been here it’s unreal, my scriptures are bursting with notes and inserts and tabs from all my bookmarking. The only thing i wish I had was a bunch of different colored flags so I could color code scriptures for quick recall!

I’ve decided that I am going to write you a real letter and tell you as much as I can remember but idk if I will get to it, I really don’t have a lot of time here and I have been so focused on my studies.

Oh a note to remember - never pray for more chances for your district to exercise their priesthood righteously? Oh well, no spell check :) Anyway, yeah I did that and my entire district got sick! Plenty of blessings going around!Its right up there with praying to be humble, the Lord won’t just make you humble; he will send you trials to help humble you!

I got a great care package from Grandma Carolyn! Tell her that I said thanks and that the cookies were wonderful! I miss her!

I’m glad to hear that the visit to Seattle went well. I know that the Lord will continue to bless our family and bless you as you continue to be diligent in your attempts to treat your condition, live the gospel, and persist in your efforts to make every day the best you can! I love you and I know the Lord will take care of you.

That's exciting that C invited his friend to church, I wrote him about. She is one of the elect. Ask the missionaries to help here; don’t just bring her to church. They are CALLED to do it. They have been prepared by our Heavenly Father to teach her and she has been prepared to receive it. Just have faith, and fast for it. Talk to the missionaries about it this Sunday. Make sure that you guys are there to answer any of her questions she may have. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways, acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6.

Also! Tell C’s friend that I am so excited that she is getting baptized!! That’s AMAZING!!! It’s so wonderful to hear!!!

I love you and I miss you guys!

Elder Britton Perkins Winterrose

1 comment:

  1. Oh noes! I better write to Britton fast before he is gone from the MTC!! haha! Are you going to post his Alaska address when he gets there, too? :D

    --Jessica

    ReplyDelete