Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wow... I hate having to make decisions. I guess missions are easy in the way that all the big decisions are made for you... When you move, where you move, who you live with, how much you will spend on food, etc..

BYU or BYUH. Only the Lord knows.

This week was a good week but it was crazy. We have been working our little tails off and we have definitely been blessed with a little bit of work to do!  We had a wonderful weekly planning session this week and it is looking like we're in for a busy week. These kind of weeks are really the key to the work either exploding or dieing back down.  As, it all begins to take off so quick, you really have to make sure that you maintain good stewardship over those you've been blessed with by focusing on them, and making sure you are meeting their needs.  Otherwise, the good Lord taketh away. It's imperative we don't let anyone fall through the cracks.

Our threesome is always fun. ALWAYS!! Hahah we have lots of fun together so I really can't complain.

I've been able to get some face time with President Beesley and that has been really nice. It has helped me a lot. It is always so wonderful to meet with him! It just feels good to get to know him.

You asked who the girl was in the background of the King Salmon photos, Her name is P, she was one of our investigators that we taught in Craig. She was on date for either the third or 4th of September when I left. When we were teaching her we invited her to be baptized on that date but she wasn't sure if she could do it because she wasn't sure that she would have her answer yet. I promised her that I had seen it happen before, when I was in Fairbanks teaching C.F., and told her his story. I promised her that she would have her answer by her baptismal date if she would be diligent in studying, reading, praying, and church attendance! Then on Sunday night I got a call from a mysterious 208 area code number and when I answered it was Sister B. on the line! The B's told me that on Fri-Sun P. said she got her answer and now her baptismal date, the final one, is set for the 24 of September. LIGHTNING STRIKES TWICE!!! I love the Lord!

I love being able to promise things that I have no way to make happen and then to see them plainly manifest in the lives of others. The spirit of prophesy and revelation are given by the Father to His servants that they may perform miracles that will build the faith of those who are humble enough to receive Christ. I remember the article I read in the Ensign early in my mission titled Expect Miracles. It was a miracle just that the old Ensign had never been thrown out and Divine that I happened to read it. At the time it was the word of the Lord that I needed in my life, it was a commandment to me personally to not only hope for miracles, but to EXPECT them in the service of the Lord. To work on the basis that if I commanded the Red Sea to part, it would part. It was what inspired my mind and built my faith in that first promise of faith.

It is hard, but we should all expect miracles. Humbly and meekly, we must press forward knowing that when we are between the rock and the hard place, that we should not turn back, but press forward steadfastly with Faith in Christ knowing full-well that He, our Savior, is at the helm of our Fate, and that He will not lead us to be dashed to pieces.

I came on my mission expecting miracles. I knew that if I would serve the Lord with all my might, mind, and strength, and labor in his vineyard to bring to pass the immortality of others' siblings and friends, that my Savior would bless my brother C., and my friend A.  And that He would help my younger brothers, M. and D. to prepare to serve a mission. My brother C. had his testimony solidified as he was able to sing in the presence of an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, a man through whom our beloved Savior has directed and shaped his earthly ministry. It was no coincidence that my little brother was in the MTC at a time when Elder Jeffery R. Holland came to speak.  It is part of God's wisdom and foresight. It is part of the Atonement. It is that wisdom and foresight that makes these miracles occur as He is able to prepare us and prepare our path long in advance.

I was able to personally testify to my friend A., as I was called to serve in an area less than 50 miles away from him and through no small circumstance I was able to catch him on a busy, busy day.

God is great.

The worth of every soul is great in the sight of God.

I know He loves me and you.

Love,

Elder Britton Winterrose


No comments:

Post a Comment