Monday, April 18, 2011

New Companion

I don't think I can Skype for Mother's Day.... but I'm not sure.  I've never thought to ask. The only thing I could see is that it would conflict with the white handbook rule about not using any non public computers.. But who knows.

My new companion is Elder D. I did end up staying in Anchorage. It's good and bad. It seems like all my friends got transferred out of here and I was left alone, but Elder D. is awesome. He loves Star Wars.  We are pretty much best friends.

I feel pumped about missionary work right now.  I don't know what it is. Maybe it is the sun being out, or maybe it is that my ankle is feeling better and my legs are getting stronger, but everything is just coming together. I feel my missionary energy returning.  Biggest thing I can suggest to missionaries any where is to work. Read PMG about work. And then get out and find. If your feeling bummed, get yourself pumped. Jump around, take off your shirt and flex in the mirror and get pumped. Sing a song, say a prayer, and then get back out there and help someone. Make a difference. The most depressing thing is when we feel like we're not making a difference.

I have been asking myself the question, "Why" a lot lately. Why don't I want to go visit that person? Why don't I want to knock on that door?  Why don't I want to get out of bed at 6:30? Why do I want to listen to non-church music? And it helps. It helps a lot. Someone in conference said that we need to become self chastising, and that we need to not get angry when others chastise us. That is something that I've been working very hard on throughout my mission and I think that it is helping me grow.

It's cool that the Ekstroms are moving to Anchorage. I love it here. You will have to get me their address when they move.

If you are feeling depressed, get out and do something more.  Any doubt stems from a lack of faith in Jesus Christ. If I really love Christ, I will go out and try to help others find Him. If I really care about Him, I will do my best to follow His example and share His love with those around me.

Just Do It.

Love Elder Winterrose

PS. Our baptism got switched to this weekend instead of next weekend. Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment