Monday, February 21, 2011

You Can Do It!

I got the BIRTHDAY DAY PACKAGE!!! It was great, it made me laugh. That Plan of Salvation thing that C. gave me is pretty sweet too, so thanks C!

Well... what should I say about my week.

I decided to stop drinking anything with caffeine! (Soda - just don't start!) That was a big part of my week. Big because it gave me insane migraines for the last 4 days... so that kind of interfered with my proselyting this week but I know it was the right thing to do because I needed to get past it. Let's face it, when your body revolts when you take away something that it shouldn't be dependent on, it's probably a sign that you shouldn't be using it the way you are. So I decided to stop. Plus I heard President mention to someone that we aren't supposed to drink caffeine... Avoiding the appearance of evil.

It was a good week though. Elder L--- says he loves you.

Prius doesn't sound too bad. I bet you could put an awesome sound system in it pretty easily because it can provide the power.

I'm sorry to hear about your hair mom. :(

Glad to hear C.'s getting closer to going on his mission. It really is just a trial of faith. If you just keep doing what you are supposed to do then eventually it will all work out in the Lord's time. Perhaps the Bishop is just working with inspiration that is beyond our vision. Something as simple as changing the day you put in your papers could change the place you serve. Just remember that the Bishop is the Lord's servant, and that he will work according to the Lord's wisdom, not our own wisdom. No matter how difficult it seems. or how long the wait, we just have to remember that the Heavenly Father will make everything workout on His time line. Remember that, when we choose to serve, it is like we are moving onto the Lord's path that he wants us to walk. Then, if you really learn how to follow His will on your mission and continue to follow His will after your mission, everything will work out. College, marriage, having children - life will work out. It might not be easy, but it will make you the best person that you can become. Fulfilling your potential is difficult but .... fulfilling! Haha.

I'm pretty jealous that you guys get to go to the Mountain West bball tourney. That sounds like it would be an awesome time.

M. - Keep working on your Eagle Scout Project. It is all about finding something that needs to be done in your community and then organizing the efforts to get it done. It's a very, very, valuable skill. And nothing is too big to accomplish. You can change the world or quantity of life for one person or a whole family. Either one would be a great service, and would bring you great joy.

D. You are aweesssomeee! Baller.

Some members found out it's my birthday tomorrow. (I thought about what I would want to do for my companion if it was his birthday and then asked him to do it. AND he did! Cause he's awesome! Elder W. is a great companion.)

So now some members want to throw me a party. I don't know if they are going to, but who knows! I hope it works out! It sounds like a ton of fun!

Well, I don't feel like spending my whole day in front of this computer, so I will just leave you with this last word of advice.

Give, said the little stream.

Love,

Elder Britton Winterrose

No comments:

Post a Comment