Tuesday, December 7, 2010

One More Week Stranded

Well well well, where to start.

I guess I can start off by saying that I hurt my ankle. It's a very severe high ankle sprain. I rolled it last Monday and in spite of my best efforts to care for it, it is still very swollen and sore. Ive been on crutches too! And the sore arm thing, I found the best thing to do is to use your arm strength to hold you up and I grip the crutches with my arms and side. I actually have them set up a little short to compensate for my backpack and poofy jacket. Hahaha.

SO I had to visit the doctor again yesterday because she said if it was still very swollen to come back in. Well they basically told me to do everything that I've been doing. I am supposed to stay off of my foot and keep it elevated above my head all day, ice for 20 minutes out of every hour, and take 800mg of Ibuprofen every 8 hrs, in addition to my pain meds. I hate the pain meds though because they dull my mind.

Being told not to go out and work but to sit and be a pile of crap on a couch on your mission may sound like a blessing but it is in all actuality a sentence of temporary damnation. It's so depressing.

It's a difficult place. When you get hurt and you need help you kind of expect the people around you to step up and help out. Without asking. And its kind of like a punch to the face when they don't.

Sorry mom for being such a terrible helper when I had the opportunity to. I love you!

This whole experience has been quite humbling. I thank you all for your prayers.

The whole situation stinks but accidents happen, and life moves on. Eventually this will all be in the past and I won't have to worry about it. It's just a very severe sprain. When the Dr. saw it the first time she was like "Whoa, is that from your boot?" talking about the bruising on my foot and leg. Hahah it's CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So for the rest of this week I will be staying with a male member from our ward during the day until our evening dinner appt and any scheduled teaching appointments. Meanwhile, my companion will be in a threesome with two other elders working in both companionship areas.

Staying in is not nearly as much fun when you can't: Listen to Music, Watch TV, Play Video Games, or sit up right. :)

Really though, as long as I leave the apartment I won't go berserk.

On the plus side, I now get to spend time reading and studying all week. I think I am going to try to read the whole BoM aloud in Samoan. I think I can do it. I think I just may have enough time. We will see.

I bet people loved the stoned C.S.A. He was probably so calm and funny that he did awesome on his metrics!

They sell spikes for crutches up here, but they are cheap, mine broke on Saturday and made me eat crap and land on my bad ankle while crossing the street. I do better just doing it by myself.

Wow, Okay. Sorry my letter sounds so depressing. I'm really not depressed, just bummed out.

Well I love you all! It's weird approaching the holidays knowing I won't see any family. I've got lots of people up here who love me! It's all good.

So, I am really short on words today, but next week should be much better!

I love you all and miss you dearly!

Love,

Elder Britton Winterrose

1 comment:

  1. Elder W,

    Whats up it's been a while! Sorry to hear about the sprain man! You sound like a great missionary - keep truckin'!

    Clint Thurber

    ReplyDelete