Monday, September 6, 2010

Well Mom, No novel this week...

Sadly enough every freaking public place that we can use computers in close on Labor Day and on various other holidays that fall on a Monday. Well, since I didn't want to get a phone call from a concerned mission president who heard from my momma I decided to find a way and with the help of some loving investigators, I was able to get on for just a few minutes. Transfer calls come next Monday, so that's when I'll be able to let you know whats happening. C. hasn't gotten baptized yet... we actually found out that he doesn't live in our area so we weren't gonna be the ones to count his baptism, but his lease is up come the end of the month and he is gonna try to find a house in our area... also there's a few other things, nothing big, just a lot of random logistical issues that have presented themselves but I am confident that given a week or two they will sort themselves out.

As for living with members... it's always nice to have your own place. It's just kinda hard sharing living space with a family especially when you never know who's gonna be dropping by. Our members were very nice but they had a family member who needed to move in because of some extenuating circumstances but its all good! We lived with some other missionaries for a week and then we just moved into our own apartment on Saturday. It's nice.

I've really started kicking it into high gear. We were fortunate enough to have an entire 4 days of specialized training last week, it was awesome. Like a week-long zone conference, like being in the MTC but being able to leave at the end of the training and go and apply it immediately. It was a spiritual kick in the pants. I've woken up on-time almost every day this last week and worked out every day except Sunday.  And I feel great! I have so much more energy. It's weird to think that it has already been more than 6 months... Weird.

Now about this awesome investigator, C. Well C. used to be in the Marines - Recon Sniper. He is a way awesome guy. He was taught by another set of Elders before us, but it didn't "Click" with them. (His own words!) I love the Lord and the way he works to match missionaries to people that need to be taught. He is a really great man. I love him!

Well Friends and Family I love and miss you all! Take care!

Love,

Elder Winterrose!!

No comments:

Post a Comment