Tuesday, September 14, 2010

More of Elder L!


Well HELLO!!!!!!!!!!

I'm staying in Fairbanks! Whoot! Six more weeks with Elder L.! He reminds me of SamSamBean. Like a lot. I'm way excited that we are both staying though because I would have been way bummed if I stayed and he left because we get along splendidly.

I realized this past week that I have really failed to take pictures. I haven't taken any since I got here. Oh well, I guess that means that I just have to resolve to take more this transfer!

We have zone conference coming up soon and it's going to be with a General Authority - Elder Paul P. Piper of the Seventy! Whoot! I get to spend time with a Seventy! I'm way excited! And that means that I get to see President and Sister Dance again! That is also very exciting! I guess that's just one of the many benefits of being a missionary.

Our investigator is still working towards his baptismal date but there is a bunch of weird logistical issues that we are still having to work through. It's gonna happen soon though. It's just a question of when... We also have a few other good investigators and one of them is really solid. Our ward council meeting Sunday was awesome though, because we got to discuss the missionary work and what was helping and what was hindering the progression of the work in our ward. First off, it's really easy to tell when a ward doesn't trust the missionaries, because the support and confidence just isn't there. But we have been working hard to just be good missionaries and it is paying off. The Lord is changing their hearts and views.

This area is kind of interesting because our ward is very transient. We cover most of the apartments in Fairbanks and there are people moving in and out all the time. The majority of the ward is less active. In fact roughly 80% of the 450+ members in the ward are less active. The ward is surviving because they have been blessed with some really strong leaders and strong faithful members who push it along. So we are going to really try our best to reactivate as many members as possible to make the ward stronger! Last year this ward had 11 baptisms in it. It was one of the highest baptizing areas! But out of those 11 baptisms, only one or two are still active. So we are really trying to focus on bringing the ward strong, active, members both through baptisms and reactivation.

Our purpose as missionaries is to bring souls unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end. I know that the way that we can do that best, and ensure that any new souls that we find will stay, is to help our ward and make it stronger.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to be serving in Fairbanks! It's beautiful. My area is kinda a box though, because it is bordered on all 4 sides by other areas! So I don't get to see a whole lot of wild life. The northern lights were out last night! I missed them though! I'll be keeping my eye out for them from now on! Hahah!

Thank you all for the love and support that you give! I miss you and love you!

Love Elder Winterrose!

No comments:

Post a Comment