Monday, May 3, 2010

Springtime in Valdez





Well, IDK how long this is gonna be cause I'm gonna be talking to you on Sunday anyways! BUT we are gonna need to recharge the calling card because its totally out of minutes!

I'm glad Pooter has been victorious. I could tell he was getting a little frustrated from the letter he sent me last week! Sometimes teams just take a little real practice to start working together! BUT STRIKING OUT 7 GUYS!!! Holy Cow!! That's pretty sweet. It's probably good I'm not there though; I don't think anyone gets as intense when D plays as I do! ;).

I’m glad to hear that C is holding it all together. And that’s pretty sweet that he was able to get the whole prom thing together. It sounds like a fun time! As for that speeding ticket, that blows! You guys should just buy a radar detector, it would have payed its self off already!!! I actually got pulled over this week too! We were driving back from the far edge of town and I was just crusin', didn’t realize how fast I was going, passed this cop, then looked down at my speedometer and realized that I was doing 70 in a 55. I saw the cop turn around in my rear view mirror so I just pulled over and waited for him. He pulled up and was like "Do you know how fast you were going?" and I was like "Nope, but when I looked down at my speedometer after I passed you it still said 65." He was like "Yeah, you were going bout 75" and I was like, “Whoa, crap.” So I gave him my license and registration and he was like "Have you ever had any speeding violations?" and I was like "Not since I’ve moved to Alaska officer." SO then he took my stuff and walked back to the car, checked my registration and insurance and said "Well, I don't remember ever pulling you over around here before, and your registration and insurance are good. Just don't go speeding round here. I’m gonna let you off with a warning. You saved yourself 130 bucks and 4 points off your license!" Of course I said thank you and went about my way but I was still thinking "Wow, speeding tickets are so much cheaper here than they are in Washington!" My heart was racing though, hahaha. Anyways that sucks for C., but that whole pull over before they even get their lights on thing has saved me sooo many times!!!!! That’s my best advice!! Except in Richland. I think the cops there just like to harass people. Bummer it wasn't like one of his wrestling coaches. As for M. skipping church and then getting BUSTED cause he didn’t realize you stayed home sick – that’s so funny! I miss my brothers tons!!!

Well the weather here in Valdez is warming up fast. It’s been in the high 50s the last few days. But it’s weird, like when it’s 60, but sunny, it feels like its 80 to 90 degrees. But when it’s 60 and cloudy it feels like it’s 60. I think its cause were closer to the sun? But it made me remember when we were up at Inconnu in the Yukon and how it was the same way. It would be 60 degrees but sunny and we would be outside sliding down the mud hill, or it would be 60 and cloudy and we just couldn’t warm up.

It’s been sunny the last few days and the snow is melting fast! For service, we've been helping people shovel their yards so that the snow can melt faster and just helping people we see working while we drive around. Saturday was so nice, and we did service most of the day, so I ended up getting a little sunburn on my face and forearms!

I know it’s a quick one, but I just wanted to say that I love you and I can’t wait to talk to all of you guys!!! Talk to you on Sunday!!!

Love,

Elder Britton Winterrose

No comments:

Post a Comment