Thursday, August 26, 2010

Be a Missionary!

Hunting (or is it fishing, or scavenging) for Muscles

Enjoying the Day's Catch
Hey Poot! Thanks for the letter bud!

You should save that money. I can promise you that any time you put money away for your mission that Heavenly Father will bless you. Yeah it will leave you with just 100 bucks but it will work out. If you do that then Heavenly Father will bless you for doing that. I bet you could earn that 75 bucks in a day no problem as long as you've been paying your tithing. And one more thing to think about, Apple usually launches products in the spring and then around October. Plus your birthday really isn't that far away... I would just hold off on buying one now because I bet that it would probably get jacked anyways. Well I love you Poot. Be wise. If you really are struggling to make the good choice then pray to Heavenly Father and ask him to let you know if you should keep it. Keep reading and always, ALWAYS! say your prayers! You are awesome!

I'm glad to hear that everything seems to be going pretty smoothly. Being around this many missionaries is a blast. Plus my companion is awesome. So to pretty much sum it all up... life is good. It's weird to think that by the end of this transfer I will have been out a few days short of six months....... that's 1/4 of the duration of my mission. At times we will be out doing missionary stuff, wearing missionary clothes, teaching the gospel like missionaries do and I just kinda go, "Whoa. I'm a missionary." My favorite part is how every single day is different, it always keeps me on my toes. And I love how the Lord rewards our diligence. The hardest days are when it seems like every single lesson, plan, and back-up keep falling through. Usually though if we just keep pressing forward then we end up finding someone to teach or help and it's like the most awesome lesson ever. Then Elder L and I end up walking back to the car after the lesson just talking about how wonderful it is to be a missionary.

What a blessing. I am so lucky to be able to dedicate everyday to becoming a better person and to helping others do the same. Not very many people get to do that. Let alone do that every single day for two years.

If you are thinking about going on a mission and you don't know if you really want to, I have two words of advice, DO IT. You're never gonna regret going on a mission but you will always regret not going on a mission. Plus missions are like the greatest adventure of your entire life, and you will accumulate tons of funny stories! Sure you have some crazy people yell at you and make fun of you at times, but what's better then helping people who really need the help?

Well Family and friends, I am afraid I may be short winded today, but there are a few critical things that I need to make very clear to all of you:

1. I love you.
2. He loves you.
3. He wants you to return to live with Him and your family forever together.
4. I miss you, but I wouldn't trade this time in my life for anything.

Take care, seek the truth, question with boldness. Pray often for yourself and for others.

Love,
Elder Britton Winterrose

No comments:

Post a Comment